Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cupcake Pops

Remember this post from last week?  Well, I did attempt to make these again and this time with an altered recipe...they came out fantastic!  The kids loved them and so I must share them with you.  You can order your cupcake pop mold like I did here.  The recipe on the website didn't work for me so I want to share my rendition that came out just perfectly.  Here you go.

Ingredients:
1 bag of Oreos
1 8oz. pkg. of cream cheese (I only use half of this package)
chocolate melting chips
your choice of color melting chips
lollipop sticks - optional
lollipop wrappers - optional
wax paper
styrofoam block - optional
empty egg carton

Directions:
Grind all the oreos in a food processor until they are fine.  Hand mix the cream cheese in the oreo mixture until it's doughy.   Note:  I only use half of the cream cheese package.  Roll into 1" balls and place on a wax paper lined pan an place in the freezer for 10 minutes.  Take out of the freezer and place the balls into the cupcake pop mold and squeeze.  Trim off excess dough around the sides.  Once all the cupcake pops are shaped, put them back on the wax lined pan and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.  Melt your chocolate chips in the meantime.  Take cupcake pops out of the freezer and dip the bottoms into the chocolate.  Optional - if you want to put them on a lollipop stick then do this now and place them in egg carton to dry with sticks up.  Melt color of your choice chips for the top of the cupcake pop.  Dip the cupcake pop into the color and add sprinkles.  Then stick pop into the styrofoam to dry.  Once they are dry, you can wrap them in the lollipop wrappers.

As I mentioned, I used the recipe from the website and it called for a whole package of cream cheese but when I made mine the first time, they were too soft so I altered the recipe using only half of the cream cheese and this worked great.  Also, I forgot my styrofoam at the store and had to improvise.  As you see in the pictures, I used a shoe box that I poked holes in to stand them up.  You don't have to put them on a stick as they are just as cute wrapped in a wrapper.  I did both to show you.   Hope you enjoy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
With lollipop sticks
Photobucket
Without lollipop sticks

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...