Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Women's Retreat - 2012

Well, I'm back and can I just say "WOW"!  What an amazing experience I had.  I don't even know where to start!  


First of all, the camp that we stayed at was ah-ma-zing!  We all said...how could you not feel God's presence in such a beautiful place??

I've met some truly special women.  They have poured out their hearts and shared stories and testimonies of their faith in God.  It's been a blessing to get to know some of them.  These are the 2 ladies that I shared my cabin with. 
Our cabin was also connected to another cabin which housed 3 ladies.  Here's a picture of all of us.  The 6 of us made up our Small Group where we would get together to do our lessons.
 While we were all on a schedule, they allowed us Solitude time.  This was for us to do our own lesson by ourselves and have time with God.  This was one of my favorite parts of the day.  I found a grassy area to lay where I could feel the sun's warmth.  The lake was in front of me and it's fountain provided tranquility.   To the right of me were snow-capped mountains.  It was like my own little slice of heaven.  
 My view of the trees I was laying under.
We also had free time to hike, take a yoga class or....
wait for it.....

wait for it.....

Zipline!

Yes, that's right...I did it!

Talk about fun!!!!!!!!!  

Here's the Glass Chapel that was on the grounds.  It was so pretty and it looked out over the lake.
There is so much I'm taking home from this experience.  Most of it is for me but I leave here with my heart full and content as I anxiously await next year's retreat.  I leave you with some of my favorite versus from this weekend.  I wrote them down in my journal so I can carry them with me.  I feel so blessed to have gone.  I thank my husband for making it happen and for knowing that it was just what I needed.

Philippians 2:3-5
"Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.  Don't look out only for your interests, but take an interest in others, too.  You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had."

Philippians 4:11-13
"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.  I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.  I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.  For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:6-7
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...